Belchfire Desktop Themes Home

Welcome to Belchfire Themes... the place for Free Windows XP Themes, Vista Themes, Logons, Wallpaper and other great desktop customizations.

[XP Themes & Visual Styles] Vista Transformation Pack v9.0, Updated 5/1/2007, 15:48

hamesh
post May 1 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Admin
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

File Name: Vista Transformation Pack v9.0
File Submitter: hamesh
File Submitted: 1 May 2007
File Updated: 29 Nov 2008
File Category: XP Themes & Visual Styles

This is a complete transformation package to change the look of Windows XP into Windows Vista (Aero Glass). Not just a theme or visual style, it includes many third-party applications and addons to give you the Vista-esque sidebar, transparency, 3D-flip, logon, shutdown, sounds... everything.

Due to the number of system files changed by this pack, creating a Restore Point before installing is Highly Recommended.

Overview:

I’m pretty sure you must know and have seen Windows Vista before. It looks really nice for major GUI updates. Many people who have seen it wish to get Vista-style looks for their operating system. It might sounds stupid to say this since you all know what it is but just bear it

This program will transform your Windows user interface to ultimate Windows Vista alike looks that everyone will never notice it’s the same old Windows XP (or 2003)

Features:

Vista Transformation Pack will replace many of the resources in Windows XP/Windows Server 2003. It can change such things as:

Boot screen
Welcome Screen / Logon Screen
New msstyles files (visual styles)
New desktop and file icons
New toolbar icons
Progress Dialogs
Sounds scheme
System Tray icons
New Wallpapers
Windows Media Player Skins
And much more

For more details and changes from previous versions, see:

author's website
author's features and overview
author's help and support forum

Vista Transformation Pack 9.0 Keynotes:

New 3rd-party applications
ViSplore - Vista Glass explorer simulator
Vista Drive Icon - adding free space percentage in your drive icon like Vista explorer
Vista Rainbar - Lightweight Vista sidebar based on Rainmeter that even consume less resources than real Vista Sidebar

Improved 3rd-party applications
ViStart - Files indexing for documents search, improved reliability and compatibilities
ViOrb - Improved graphic and reliability (C++ re-written)
TrueTransparency - Improved reliability with improved AeroStyle's glass border
WinFlip - Improved stability and reliablity

New functionalities
Setup personization - Allow customizing Vista experiences upon installation without access to Welcome Center
Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibilities - Now you can enjoy Vista themes after installation with Windows XP Service Pack 3
x64 compatibilities - More secured x64 installation without getting hurt by incompatibilities

There're also a lot of bug fixes and refinements in the program but let's just keep it simple with these for now. You can experience the rest later by yourself.

Changes in Version 9.0
  • Added Gavatx's Vista Rainbar 4.3 (Slim) in place of Thoosje's Vista Sidebar
  • Added large icon resizing option for high resolution monitors
  • Added Personalization setup screen for configuring current user account before installation
  • Added running ViStart, ViOrb and ViSplore to WindowBlinds and TrueTransparency's exclusion list (prevent stability issues)
  • Added ViSplore project (Vista Glass Explorer for Windows XP/2003)
  • Added Vista Drive Icon in place of Vista Windows Drive Icon
  • Added Windows XP Service Pack 3 uxtheme patching compatibilities
  • Fixed automate 3rd-party applications optimization requirements
  • Fixed graphic driver detection issues in transformation package for cases that doesn't use the first slot of driver
  • Fixed OS detection incompatibilities with Windows Vista
  • Fixed possible errors when auto-configuring user account during installation without "Express Mode"
  • Fixed Thoosje Sidebar's auto-configuration bug on some resolutions.
  • Fixed uninstallation script to terminate newly added applications such as WinFlip, TrueTransparency, etc.
  • Fixed Vista orb positioning in "System Properties" dialog
  • Fixed WindowBlinds' installation detection bug in configure user account dialog
  • Updated Aero Style's glass border for more visibility and less distortion for both WindowBlinds and TrueTransparency
  • Updated AeroStyle's glass border in TrueTransparency to simulate "little-blurring-like" WindowBlinds
  • Updated boot screen to traditional ones without Vista flag
  • Updated configure user account's installed components and applications UI
  • Updated "Glass" sounds scheme from Windows Vista's Ultimate Extras
  • Updated installation branding bar image
  • Updated TrueTransparency to version 0.9.4
  • Updated ViOrb to version 1 (C++ re-written)
  • - Added start orb's right click menu
  • - Fixed hook recovery when explorer shell is reloaded
  • - Fixed always on top visibility issues with some applications including ViStart
  • - Updated start orb graphic to for all sides compatibilities
  • Updated ViStart to version 2.0 build 3467
  • - Added font customization feature in settings.xml
  • - Added indexing file search support like Vista (you can search for extension with .ext)
  • - Added "Reset Shell" in menu option to reload explorer along with ViStart
  • - Added multi-DPI Support
  • Fixed Chinese characters issue with Recent Documents
  • Fixed hook recovery when explorer shell is reloaded
  • Fixed start menu's hooking reliability with full screen and resolution changes
  • Fixed strange ActiveX errors
  • Updated Visual style's top taskbar background to have the same image as bottom's like Vista
  • Updated WinFlip to version 0.50
  • Updated wording in some areas for easier understanding
  • Updated x64 operating systems compatibilities
Changes in Version 8.0.1
  • Fixed pre-configuration specifications to improve performance (Removed unstable applications from list)
  • Fixed TrueTransparency’s stability (some settings in skin causing input hook problems)
  • Fixed Visualtooltip configuration when user accidently deletes the configuration files in there
  • Removed backup files’ status and put CPU model instead (obsolete checking)
  • Updated system files’ status report to “Out of sync” and repairing system files information
  • Updated user account configuration system for more subtle performance
Changes in Version 8.0
  • Added CPU Speed information in Welcome Center
  • Added saving setup information file to save setup configuration for later uses with unattended transformation support
  • Added installation background
  • Added “System optimized” in Setup Configuration to configure the user account corresponding to machine’s spec
  • Added TrueTransparency 0.8.5 (Glass border with ported AeroStyle skin)
  • Added WinFlip 0.42 (Vista 3DFlip)
  • Fixed KB925902 hotfix issues with file processing animation
  • Fixed Media Center program execution error
  • Fixed rebuilding icon cache bug on non-current users during the processes
  • Fixed Styler’s installation checking bug (always set toolbar to styler mode when possible)
  • Fixed failing to apply Vista screensaver
  • Fixed program name in Add/Remove Programs
  • Fixed subscribing Windows X’s shrine to be default homepage bug in Welcome Center
  • Fixed visualtooltip’s advanced configuration bug
  • Fixed WindowBlinds 6 skin installation compatibility
  • Moved hotfix warning to user guide file to prevent confusion
  • Re-arranged welcome dialog for richer information
  • Replaced Extras in Welcome Center with Community link to forum
  • Removed configuring user account’s status report
  • Removed obsolete dialogs (WindowBlinds warning, Before transformation, Donation, FAQ and Q&A)
  • Removed Vista Live Messenger 8.1 skin
  • Updated Setup Configuration in Welcome Center to cover on everything
  • Updated setup transformation to pre-configure current user account before finishing the transformation
  • Updated theming engine configuration
  • Updated Vista Sidebar to version 2.3 Lite
  • Updated Vista Sidebar user account configuration in Welcome Center
  • Updated ViStart to build 2661
  • Updated ViOrb to version 2.0
  • Updated VisualTooltip to version 2.2
  • Updated Welcome Center to pre-configure user account with system optimized option on the first run in that user account
Click here to download this file
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)

norse
post May 3 2007, 05:33 AM
Post #2

Noob
Group: Members
Member No.: 230,772

okay I have a question I downloaded it and its working but I want to know how do I make the window borders for applications clear instead of solid colors.

+Quote Post

Ryuji
post May 3 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #3

Noob
Member No.: 239,050

How do I make a Restore Point before I do it?

+Quote Post

hamesh
post May 3 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #4

Admin
Group Icon

You can create a restore point at any time by going to Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Restore. Select 'Create a restore point', give it a unique name (don't enter the date. date is automatically recorded) then click 'Create'. That's it.

If things go south after applying the transformation pack, you can restore easily by going back to System Restore, select 'Restore my computer to an earlier time' and select your restore point from the calendar/list presented. May need to boot into Safe Mode.

+Quote Post

hamesh
post May 3 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #5

Admin
Group Icon

The author's official support forum says you only get transparency if you purchase WindowBlinds from StarDock.

+Quote Post

sitank
post May 15 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #6

Noob
Member No.: 243,175

QUOTE(hamesh @ May 3 2007, 09:19 PM) *
The author's official support forum says you only get transparency if you purchase WindowBlinds from StarDock.

well mate first of thnxxxx for providing such a great theme sry transformation pack
good job clapping.gif clapping.gif
but am facing a few prob;ems
My start menu has become a lot wider not even closer to the XP version start menu how do I change this setting shok.gif search.gif
n one more can't I change the colours of the folders in it
plzzzzzzzz let me know a.s.a.p.
me looking forward to your reply
thnxxxx a lot
keep up the good work good.gif

+Quote Post

S3an
post May 15 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #7

Noob
Member No.: 243,209

well first of all this theme is great good.gif
but the problem is every time i restart the computer the same error keeps popping out, its the "windows file protection" thingy, keep asking me to insert the sp2 cd, is there anyways to get rid of this??

+Quote Post

GTA-IV-
post Jun 22 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #8

Noob
Member No.: 245,692

Hey my orb doesen't work right ( I applied everything from install ). It was working, but then I got Windowblinds, so I un-installed it & re-installed it. It no longer shows up in the right area. Also, even with windowblinds 5.10, there's no glass.

+Quote Post

hamesh
post Jun 22 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #9

Admin
Group Icon

Only thing I remember was your display had to be set to 32bit. If it's 15 or 16bit, transparency won't work. Check that?

+Quote Post

esterence
post Jun 30 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #10

Noob
Member No.: 245,979

hey hamesh. first of all i would like to say its a great skin thanks. unfortunately, some of the features don't work for me. there is some icons overlapping and display pic not getting into position. therefore i decided to use the restore point but it didnt work. so i uninstalled it, hoping that you create a better transformation pack, maybe 7.0? :)

1 thing i would like to ask . is it possible to know that if i uninstall this thing, my media edition xp skin wll work as normal, that means everything will revert back to normal? and how come after i installed the pack my comp worked slower, like when i am starting the windows load longer than normal.

+Quote Post

hamesh
post Jun 30 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #11

Admin
Group Icon

You know, I had the same problem and thought it was just me. I ended up uninstalling it so you shouldn't have any trouble doing the same. I did not create this, so check the author's site if you have any questions (links above). Version 7.0 is already out but I haven't posted it as the author says it has a bug. Waiting for 7.1.

If you like the Vista look but want something different, check out XPize. Ignore the two on the homepage. Grab XPize 4.6, the first link on http://www.xpize.net/?page=downloads. It's fantastic and worked flawlessly on my XP tablet edition. But uninstall the Vista Transformation Pack first, of course.

+Quote Post

esterence
post Jul 1 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #12

Noob

ok. thanks alot!

+Quote Post

esterence
post Jul 1 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #13

Noob

hey btw you only can install one of those in downloads right? will it make the comp work slower?

and do you have any others great skin that you like in advance? i was trying to fine a good mac skin btw.

thanks in advance

+Quote Post

hamesh
post Jul 1 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #14

Admin
Group Icon

Right, you can only install one of these 'transformation' packs, but not both at the same time. They're not just a new theme. They modify upwards of 150 system files so if you install one without first un-installing the other, you could have big problems.

My favourite MacOS themes of all time are on jonmega.com called Jaguar. Check it out!

+Quote Post

esterence
post Jul 1 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #15

Noob

omg. that mac theme is so nice.

i installed xpize 4.6 already. work very well for me. not much diff from xp but the texture and everything is better. if theres is any other nice skin remember to reccomend me!!

thanks alot hamesh!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version   Privacy Policy   Terms of Use   Advertise
IPB skin developed by: eXtremepixels