Belchfire Desktop Themes Home

Welcome to Belchfire Themes... the place for Free Windows XP Themes, Vista Themes, Logons, Wallpaper and other great desktop customizations.

Small problem, patching didn't seem to help..

systeM
post Jun 14 2006, 05:53 AM
Post #1

Noob
Group: Members
Member No.: 215,339

Hey, I have a minor problem. I'm trying to get themes to work on my PC, problem is, it'll load the desktop image and it'll change the color of my taskbar.. but I won't get all those neat bubbly affects. Just the blocky classic windows style. Now, I have tried patching that file (heck if I can remember the name of it), but perhaps I did something wrong during that process? Hmm, I'm pretty sure I did everything correct...

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this exact question has been answered in countless threads.. but after looking for about 20 minutes, every thread just had the same copy/pasted message about patching that file.

-Ryan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies

systeM
post Jun 14 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #2

Noob
Group: Members
Member No.: 215,339

QUOTE(systeM @ Jun 14 2006, 08:53 AM) *
Hey, I have a minor problem. I'm trying to get themes to work on my PC, problem is, it'll load the desktop image and it'll change the color of my taskbar.. but I won't get all those neat bubbly affects. Just the blocky classic windows style. Now, I have tried patching that file (heck if I can remember the name of it), but perhaps I did something wrong during that process? Hmm, I'm pretty sure I did everything correct...

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this exact question has been answered in countless threads.. but after looking for about 20 minutes, every thread just had the same copy/pasted message about patching that file.

-Ryan

Ok, here's the exact error I get when trying to load the visual styles through stylexp:

Applying Visual Styles Error
The visual styles could not be applied. Access is denied.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version   Privacy Policy   Terms of Use   Advertise
IPB skin developed by: eXtremepixels